Focal Idiopathic Dystonia
Who should apply?
- If you have had a confirmed diagnosis of focal idiopathic dystonia (e.g. focal hand dystonia, occupational dystonia or cervical dystonia) by a neurologist
- No formal physical assessment for the physical management of your dystonia was previously provided by a NZ based Occupational or Physiotherapist experienced in the assessment and management of focal dystonia.
The current service offered is an initial assessment of physical function and impairment which may take up to up 1.5 hrs after which you may have a follow-up and review appointment.
How do I apply?
Registration will initiate an alert to the Duncan Foundation team, who will contact you.
- If your registration meets Duncan Foundation criteria, we will allocate you to your regional clinician, who will contact you directly to schedule an assessment.
- There is a limited funded time period for each condition and a limited number of funded sessions. Where funding for the condition or region is not immediately available, you will be contacted regarding waitlist options.
- To applicants who meet the above criteria, funding will be given to people on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.