Recently Diagnosed Parkinson’s
Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch
Who should apply?
- A person who has a confirmed diagnosis of idiopathic Parkinson’s by a geriatrician or neurologist within the last year.
- A person who has had no formal physical assessment for Parkinson’s by an experienced physiotherapist and physical management of Parkinson’s previously provided.
- Following on from the assessment you may be provided with a follow up and review session or if suitable invited to attend a course of the high amplitude exercise group based on the principles of LSVT and other high intensity and amplitude therapy (AMPd).
- We also have a few opportunities for completing the full LSVT programme provided by one of our experienced LSVT certified practitioners.
How do I apply?
Registration will initiate an alert to the Duncan Foundation team, who will contact you to request further information.
- If your registration meets Duncan Foundation criteria, we will allocate you to your regional clinician, who will contact you directly to schedule an assessment.
- There is a limited funded time period for each condition and a limited number of funded sessions. Where funding for the condition or region is not immediately available, you will be contacted regarding waitlist options.
- To applicants who meet the above criteria, funding will be given to people on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.